Thursday, July 7, 2011

Have me a blast!

Oh man, where does time go?
Don't answer that.

Mostly, I feel very busy lately. Which is odd because I'm not working more than usual. Oh, I know... I've been biking my hiney off. Josh and I will bike around Centerville Lake (4.2 miles) almost every day. On Wednesdays I bike 8 miles to go to the gym with my mom. I want buns of steel! That and it's sooo beautiful outside and I really don't want to take this nice weather for granted. Next thing you know, we'll be standing in 3 feet of snow cursing the sky. It's true, I'm dramatic.

So anyways, I have some things that I'm super excited about.

I went through a 'thing' a while ago where I was losing a mentor (she's still my friend but the mentor relationship has changed) and I was really yearning having a woman in my life that could teach me about being an adult, a wife and someday a mother. I also really wanted someone who could mentor me spiritually. What do you know? My prayers were answered! (Praise be to God, for sure) I've been working with a woman for almost a year. She's godly, she's mature, she's a wife, she's a mother and she is so many things that I've been wanting in a mentor.  We had our first Wise One/ Grasshopper date before we went on break for the 4th and it was awesome to tell someone about my life. I mean, really tell someone about my life. It was great to hear about her life too, how her and her husband got their start. What it was like for her growing up. Her thoughts on family and prayer life. I don't have many words for it, other than I'm thrilled and super happy to have her in my life.

Soo, my 4th of July holiday was pretty good. I got to go to the cabin, finally. This is one of my favorite holidays. My family does the same thing every year. We go to Balsam Lake, Wisconsin... lots of food, lots of sun and a firework show over the water. What's not to love?  Here's a few pictures...



I like my marshmellows burned.


Josh had a blasty blast on my uncle's jet ski.

Sister Sara was able to join us.


Christmas card photo? I think so.


Oh, and volleyball!



Obviously, it was a good time :)

I know I say this every time, but we are sooo close to paying off our debt and having our down payment for a house. I definitely think it could happen by October or November. It feels really good to be so close. However, I will miss all the time I've been getting to spend with my family.

Lots of weddings this month. Lots of reasons to get new dresses. Don't you just looove weddings? I do!

Well shoot.

I've been reading the book of Hosea. It's been a good reminder of God's faithfulness and the extent in which he pursues us. If you haven't read the book Redeeming Love, you should. It's the Hosea and Gomer story and it's life changing.

That about does it. I'm getting distracted because I'm watching Ninja Warrior so I keep forgetting what I wanted to say next.

Seriously, I'm ending it now.

kbyee

Ss <3

No comments:

Post a Comment